When first diving into the world of digital marketing, you may be surprised at how much there is you can do. We’re breaking down the types of digital marketing.
With marketing, there are so many strategies a company can use, it can boggle the mind. So you try to narrow it down. Perhaps to a digital marketing campaign because it seems easiest.
Except there are a lot more types of digital marketing than just SEO. So how do you choose the best types of digital marketing for your business?
Go no further because we broke down the main types of digital marketing for you!
Isn’t SEO Just a Form of All Types of Digital Marketing?
Well, kind of. SEO is the most general type of digital marketing and can be used across all other digital marketing platforms. SEO is what you use to get your site noticed by Google.
It is slow and steady work to have Google notice and then reward you for your efforts. But it is well worth it. You’ll rank very high once you’ve earned Google’s trust.
A great way to reach out to regular and prospective clients on a regular basis at a relatively low cost. However, if you do not first formulate a strategy, it can blow up in your face.
Here’s how to effectively use this type of digital marketing:
- Collect Names and E-Mail Addresses: This will work heavily in your favor if you collect them properly. Ask permission and offer something that your customer is excited about.
- Provide Good Content: You need the customer to feel you are providing a valuable service just for them- no matter what you’re selling. Sites like Amazon are blowing up the competition by sending e-mails specifically targeting the users’ particular needs/wants.
- Use the Autoresponder: While content is king, consistency is its queen. Remind people how valuable you are by setting up an autoresponder campaign.
Sites like ConstantContact and MailChimp can help you set up a very easy and effective e-mail campaign.
Pay Per Click or PPC can be a good option if you’re short on time, but not it can cost you. These are the sponsored links you see on search engine sites. The links last as long as the money you’re spending on them lasts.
However, you must do your homework first, or you’re just wasting money. If you work with an outside vendor, choose one that is Google verified. Keywords are what will make or break your PPC campaign. Choose wisely and make sure your site has those same keywords.
It’s easy to forget that your own website is a type of digital marketing. But it’s your most important type of digital marketing. That’s why it’s important to have your website looking:
- Clean: A cluttered website will confuse and frustrate most people.
- Mobile Friendly: More and more users are turning to their phones to find businesses. Without a mobile site, you’re losing potential clients.
- Quick Response: People are busy and impatient, and they won’t wait for your information to load, no matter how great the content is.
- Up-to-Date: Periodically check to ensure your site has all its content up-to-date and current. No one will visit if they think your site has old news.
- Use Landing Pages: When you use landing pages that are product specific, it will help you generate leads.
Your website is the first thing people see about your business, so it’s a great place to put your digital marketing dollars.
Like SEO, content is crucial to your success. The Internet takes notice of your content, and so will your clients. In North America, over 88% of the population uses the Internet. Your clients are smart, busy, and looking to be informed. That’s what your content should reflect.
It’s important to:
- Content that Shares Your Businesses Vision
- Be Sure it’s Original Content
- Provide a Variety of Content
- Know Your Audience
Social Media Marketing
Love it or hate it, social media is here to stay. Facebook is still growing, while LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram are steady. This is also a great way for word-of-mouth marketing to work. However, you have to post on a continuous basis for it to become effective.
You can also use it to:
- Find Out What your Potential Customers are Interested in and Buying
- Engage with Other Brands and Key Influencers
- Learn of New Products
- Build Your Brand
You can also use social listening tools to learn more about what your customers are talking about, placing you at the forefront of your competition to address their needs.
This is an excellent way to expand your business’s visibility. With paid advertising, you can:
- Control Your Budget
- Target a Specific Audience
- Receive Immediate Results
Banners and paying others to be featured on their sites are 2 of the most popular paid ads.
YouTube was so popular Google purchased it. Now it’s part of their digital marketing platform. Videos work because:
- 64% of people who watch a video about a product buy it.
- It’s the most effective form of communication on social media.
- You can show off your company
- You can feature testimonials from raving fans
- It can increase your chances of a front-page result by Google by up to 53 times
- People pay attention
- People become engaged
It’s also incredible to make and upload your own video these days using your own cell phone.
Another new trend that is becoming more and more popular. Here’s why:
- It’s easy to set up and manage
- You can capture other vital information like e-mail addresses
- It’s permission-based so you’ll know people want to hear from you
- It’s extremely cost-effective
- 81% of people are mobile users
It’s important to remember to take a look at how you’re doing. Taking a look at the numbers will help you to figure out whether or not the types of digital marketing you’ve chosen for your business are working. It can also help you figure out what to take out and what more you need to add.
Take SEO, for example, you could potentially waste a ton of time and money if you don’t look at which keywords are working and which are wasting your money. However, digital marketing on its own is hard enough. How can you be expected to understand what any of it means?
And how can you tell if it’s starting to work or if you’re wasting a bunch of money? That’s why we’re here and why you should contact us immediately. To offer the busy yet savvy business owner assistance with all types of digital marketing.
Leave a Reply